Covid-19 Safety & Protection Procedures
During our hotel’s temporary closure since the outbreak of Covid-19, at The Bulkeley Hotel we have enhanced our operating procedures and safety measures, putting your safety and comfort at the heart of our hotel operations so that you can book with confidence and relax and enjoy your stay with us.
For your reassurance and peace of mind, please read the procedures that we have implemented and if you have any further questions, our team would be delighted to assist you. Please call 01248 810415 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
At The Bulkeley Hotel we always endeavour to provide exemplary standards of service, housekeeping and health & safety and are proud of our outstanding 5 star EHO food hygiene rating.
We have complied with the government’s ‘COVID-19 Secure’ guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19 in the workplace and request that our guests please assist us to successfully combat the spread of COVID-19 to ensure the continued safety and protection of our guests and our staff.
The Bulkeley Team
- Team members undertake daily temperature checks before commencing work and are required to wash their hands (or use hand sanitiser) every 20 minutes
- All team members are required to stay at home if unwell and follow official guidance on self-isolating for 14 days before returning to work
- During work, our team members adhere to our policy of no physical contact and maintaining a 2m physical distance wherever possible, utilising the protection screens in place at communication points.
- PPE is available for all team members to wear whenever 2m social-distancing is not possible.
- Outstanding EHO 5 star food safety and hygiene standards continue to be maintained during all food preparation and delivery.
- We have an enhanced, more frequent cleaning programme in public areas with particular attention paid to disinfecting high touch areas such as door handles.
- Extra care has been taken to deep-clean your bedroom. We have disinfected high-touch areas such as
door handles and your TV remote.
- Room service is provided to guests at no extra cost and food is delivered to the service tables outside your bedroom door so that no member of our team enters your room during your stay.
- We please request that you complete a pre-arrival health questionnaire confirming that you have no Covid-19 symptoms. We have flexible terms and conditions for all individual bookings whereby you can cancel 48 hours prior to arrival for a full refund.
- We request that guests make use of the hand sanitiser available throughout the public areas on arrival and regularly wash your hands throughout your stay.
- As a large Georgian hotel, our public areas offer our guests space and comfort. Please respect the 2m social distancing measures in place for your protection and follow safety guidance signage, adhering to the one-way system in operation in our public areas.
- Lifts may only be used by one household at a time, and stairway access is available to all floors with a one-way stairway system in operation.
- Extra care has been taken to deep-clean your bedroom and sanitised using an electrostatic sprayer. We have disinfected high-touch areas such as door handles and your TV remote.
- We have removed non-essential items from your room such as decorative cushions, throws and winter blankets to minimise any contamination risk.
- Our staff will not enter your room during your stay and additional clean towels and toiletries are available on request. Please place dirty towels outside the door of your room for collection by our housekeeping team.
- Please restrict your useage of public toilets by using your bedroom toilet instead.
- Please make use of your telephone in your room to contact reception whenever you have a query or wish to place a room service food-order to minimise queues in our reception area.
- We request that you make card payments rather than cash wherever possible as contactless payment is preferred.
- Due to Government restrictions, our public restaurants and bars are currently closed and a comprehensive room-service and takeaway menu is available available for your convenience from both our Coffee Shop and Bistro 1832 with Weekly Specials and Desserts. All room service fees are waived so that room service is free of charge. We also offer takeaway Picnic packages so that you can enjoy a taste of The Bulkeley whilst out-and-about visiting our stunning island.
- Once you have finished a meal delivered to your room, please place your plates outside your room on the service-tables provided so that no member of our team enters your room during your stay.
- Please contact reception at any time prior to, and during your stay, should you have any concerns or queries.
If in the unfortunate case, you have any COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or loss of taste and smell, we ask that you contact us, and allow us to reschedule your stay.
It is important to note, that for the safety of our guests and the safety of our team, that any guests displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19 will be requested to seek medical attention. Should you be advised to self-isolate, we will request that you check out immediately and return home.
Thank you for your co-operation in helping us to protect both our guests and our staff and we look forward to welcoming you at The Bulkeley Hotel in the near future and wish you a pleasurable, safe, relaxing and enjoyable stay. If we can please be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to speak to any member of our team.